Our Christmas Card

Holly Frame Christmas Card
Make a statement with Shutterfly Christmas photo cards.
View the entire collection of cards.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Sweet Summertime

As of tomorrow, I will officially be a mom to a 6 month old. Wow! Half a year has flown by!
An update on where Landon is at right now.  He is now working on cutting the top two front teeth. He won't let me look, but he will stick my finger in his mouth and bite down, so trust me, they are coming through.  We have conquered carrots, butternut squash and sweet potatoes but try and feed him green beans or sweet peas and well, he just wrinkles his face up and tightens his lips. Smart boy :) Kidding. I do wish he would eat the green beans and sweet peas, but I can understand his dislike for them.  Rice cereal was not his favorite. We switched to oatmeal and that seems to appease him a bit.

Yesterday when I was laying on the floor playing with Landon, he got in a true crawling position - belly off the floor! I was so proud. :) He hasn't done it again, but I'm sure my days of chasing him around the house are just around the corner.  
Teething has not been our favorite venture as Landon is restless at night and quite miserable.  It's only been for a few nights but still, we are all worn out from it.  He seemed much more at ease yesterday and I'm proud to report that this morning was even better.  Soon he'll have his two front teeth and then more will begin to make their way.  According to my What To Expect the First Year book, Landon has reached all of his milestones for month 5 (even the "mights" and "mays"), and is well on his way to meeting his milestones for month 6. We go to the pediatrician on July 23 and we have more shots (which I dread).  

I have enjoyed being home with Landon this summer and am sad to see it going by so quickly. We have been so relaxed that it's going to be hard to get back into a routine. Anyone who knows me knows that schedules don't really work at our house. Not strict ones anyway. We are very laid back. And always on the move.  And Landon is a super happy, easy to get along with baby. Just have his bottle on time and life is beautiful :) The best advice I got from anyone was to do what works for us as a family. Even if it isn't what everyone else is doing. It seems easy enough advice to take. But the reality is that I struggle with being a comparison mom. I look at other moms and think if they aren't doing things how I do them or vice versa, then something must be wrong - with me. But over time..I have learned to relax and just enjoy this time. To quit looking at everyone else and focus on us, my sweet little family of three.


Love, The Sapps

1 comment:

  1. Aw, Krystle, it sounds like y'all are having just the perfect summer!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete